Thousands of homes in Melbourne constructed before 1985 have asbestos cement sheets in and around home in various products. Today I came across a situation in which plumber had broken cement sheets in the laundry whilst fixing water leak.
Not only has the plumber exposed himself to the asbestos dust but the owner unknowingly cleaned up after him. There also was a small child in the home. Everyone in the home was exposed to harmful dust. When I told the owner about the risk of inhaling asbestos dust from broken cement sheets she was horrified.
Beware! Even seemingly small maintenance could put you at risk